Welcome to my blog

I am an exclusive photographer with istockphoto and produce a wide variety of images. Recently I have been experimenting with high magnification photography of insects, plants and anything else I find that looks interesting up close.

I am a first year undergraduate studying Biology at the University of Oxford. I have a particular interset in entomology and enjoy exploring the huge diversity of insect species in the UK.

I aim to use this blog to share some of the photos I have been taking which I find particularly interesting, I try to do a little bit of research on the subjects of my photos but am far from an expert. if I have made any big errors or misidentified something, please leave a comment or send me an email to correct me .

My Istock portfolio: View My Portfolio
My Getty portfolio

Thursday 3 March 2011

Ruby-tailed wasp

It is often difficult to appreciate how beautiful many insects are because of their small size. Intricate patterns, colours and textures are easily missed when flies and wasps are moving from flower to flower, plant to plant, never stopping.

This ruby-tailed wasp which belongs to the family Chrysididae is particularly spectacular.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
photoblog-community VFXY Photos Daniel Cooper photography - Blogged