Welcome to my blog

I am an exclusive photographer with istockphoto and produce a wide variety of images. Recently I have been experimenting with high magnification photography of insects, plants and anything else I find that looks interesting up close.

I am a first year undergraduate studying Biology at the University of Oxford. I have a particular interset in entomology and enjoy exploring the huge diversity of insect species in the UK.

I aim to use this blog to share some of the photos I have been taking which I find particularly interesting, I try to do a little bit of research on the subjects of my photos but am far from an expert. if I have made any big errors or misidentified something, please leave a comment or send me an email to correct me .

My Istock portfolio: View My Portfolio
My Getty portfolio

Friday 19 December 2008

Red deer in Richmond Park

Last year in August I went to Richmond Park to photograph the red deer, it was really great how close you could get and I decided that I would come back to see the deer during the rut.

The deer rut starts in late October and lasts for a few weeks, I went to Richmond Park in early November and saw a few clashes of antlers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just as I was leaving the park I saw a heron bathed in beautiful golden light

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. hey this is great i love your shots.. they are really high in quality and the framing is great too.. do check out my work.. just google PHOTONOMY

    keep it up..

    ps it would be good to alow users to have there own url on the comments..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. great shots! I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful wildlife shot! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

 
photoblog-community VFXY Photos Daniel Cooper photography - Blogged